Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Walt Disney World

We left last Thursday for Walt Disney World. It is usually an 8-81/2 hour drive but we made it in a record 7 1/2 hours, just in time for our reservation at Fulton's Crab house. The trip down there was uneventful, a lot of road music, a lot of road food. We stopped once for gas and at the Florida Welcome Center for some complimentary orange juice. It is probably a mental thing but it seems whenever I drink orange juice in Florida it is just better.


We were not planning on making our reservations at Fulton's but since we hit no bad traffic and did not stop we made it into town just in time. The first day of vacation is always the best, when the trip is still stretched out in front of you and all you have to do is plan what you want to do and where you want to eat. We were lush with this feeling at Fulton's, making it a really great meal. The food was excellent, I ordered the free range chicken breast and it was seasoned with rosemary, thyme, and parsley. It had enough salt too, which is often the cause of many a tasteless chicken breast. Service was good also. The only thing lacking was atmosphere. The fun steamboat exterior led to a blah, dark-stained interior. Plus our table was located behind the wait station, so I got to see a lot of flirting and joking around among the waitstaff, but it was not too much to keep me from enjoying my food.

I was in such a feeding frenzy that I forgot to take any pictures but the plates were beautiful. I did snap some pix of the dessert trio I ordered. It was a dessert trio of cherry cobbler, keylime pie, and milk chocolate creme brulee. I wasn't sure how I'd like the milk chocolate creme brulee since I am a dark chocolate girl all the way but it was fabulous. Smooth and creamy but not too sweet, which is often the case with milk chocolate.

After leaving Fulton's we walked around Downtown Disney and then headed back to the hotel to get a good nights rest before spending three full days cramming in all the Disney magic we good absorb.



No comments: