Thursday, November 02, 2006

Back to the Chef's whites.

So, there are just 2 weeks left in this term. It is hard to believe that I am here doing this and that it is a quarter of the way through already. I have had fun, I have really had fun and I love this school, so there is nothing that I will try and change yet. I was the most nervous about that, coming here and regreting that I had ever decided to pack up my things and go. But I am glad I left my job and left my home to come here and go after my "dream". I guess I will just have to wait and see if the dream continues after school. I am sure it will, I love working in restaurants. The most recent class I took was Essentials of the Dining Room. We got to wait tables for a couple of weeks and learn all about dining room service. I found it really rather fun. I like restaurants and it is just a happy feeling to me to walk into a restaurant, have a cup of coffee and get to work. I like this work. The only thing is that I also like my family and in this business your job is your life. All I know is that there is "no truthful river" and I will just have to see what lies ahead. But, for now the dining room class is over and it is back to the chef's whites, it will feel good to get my hands dirty again.