Sunday, November 25, 2007

New Again


The last time I posted on my blog was over a year ago. In the thick of culinary school I left the blog and went on to pursue other ambitions of a college student: being with friends and wasting most of my time playing video games. Afterall, why not? There is only so much time to have fun and be free of all obligations. Throughout the time I fell in and out of love, learned and cooked, moved to Charleston for 3 months and then moved back home. Now I am here waiting to hear back from job prosepects. I have been happier and sadder than I ever have been over the course of 2007 and now it is drawing to a close and I am ready for a change. Ready to move forward bright with hope and possibilities. I am more myself now than I ever have been and it took a year of trying to escape myself to be able to discover it again. So the blog is back. I will write of food and memories and time spent looking deep into a pot or peering through the glass oven door to find out what will come of the labor I had put forth. There is truly nothing as satifying as discovery, of new recipes and of who I am. I will let food define me as I search for secrets and all my powers stirred together with a spoon.

No comments: